A regularly updated blog about my vintage Kenner Star Wars toy collection. Some stuff that I've recently acquired; some stuff that I've had since I was a kid. Some rare, some common, but all sharing the warmth, charm and character of the "first generation" of Star Wars toys - the ones we played with as kids in the late '70s and early '80s.

Monday, August 5, 2013

Vintage Figure Collection Completed!

Today the last of the figures arrived to complete my run of loose figures from 1978-85 (only 35 years in the making ;-) so I'm celebrating with a quick post and photo rundown. Above - the first twelve - all of which I've owned since new.

Here - the next 9 (to make 21 from the Star Wars series, along with the elusive Blue Snaggletooth) plus all of the characters released for "The Empire Strikes Back". You'll notice a few extras in there - some custom figures that have snuck their way in ;-) Can you identify them?

The "Return of the Jedi" assortment.

The "Power of the Force" release. Looks like I've cut off an Ewok there - sorry! Latest acquisition to complete the run was the R2-D2 with pop-up lightsaber.

Lastly, some other oddball variants. Left to right: Death Squad Commander with only one rank bar, Boba Fett with Taiwan COO, matte-grey IG-88, modern bootleg Stormtroopers, Lando with white teeth and eyes, large head Han Solo, Jawa with cloth cape (since it came later than the vinyl cape, I consider the cloth cape version to be the "variant" ;-)

In the background, my only two MOCs - Canadian Toy Fair display Princess Leia Organa and a garden-variety Leia Endor.









Well, there you have it - 35 years of loose figure collecting! Whew!

1 comment: