A regularly updated blog about my vintage Kenner Star Wars toy collection. Some stuff that I've recently acquired; some stuff that I've had since I was a kid. Some rare, some common, but all sharing the warmth, charm and character of the "first generation" of Star Wars toys - the ones we played with as kids in the late '70s and early '80s.

Wednesday, April 12, 2017

Space Freak of the Week - SWCA 'Chive Cast/Vintage Pod


So did anyone else have to Google "Raphael Saadiq"?

Anyway, a couple weeks ago I was fortunate enough to be selected as a "Space Freak of the Week" and be interviewed for Episode 81 of Skye and Steve's excellent Star Wars Collectors' Archive vintage podcast. This blog had been mentioned a couple times before on the podcast, and I've been listening to Skye and Steve for a few years now, but I'd never appeared on the show.

I ended up talking with the guys for about 15 minutes for the show. Suffice to say that they are as entertaining and fun to talk to as they are to listen to on the show. Of course I forgot to mention a bunch of things that I wanted to talk about, but I had an awesome time with the guys and hope we can do it again sometime.

If you want to listen to the interview (or indeed the entire Episode 81 podcast) you can watch it on YouTube  or download it on iTunes if you swing that way. The part with me in it is at 1:22 but you should listen to the whole thing of course! The featured figure in the episode is the Emperor's Royal Guard, which is a cool figure, and always kind of reminded me of "Maximilian" the menacing robot from The Black Hole...

The Black Hole, 1979

Return of the Jedi, 1983

So thanks again to Skye and Steve for having me on the show. This podcast is essential listening for everybody who's interested in the vintage hobby and I'm super-happy to have been a (small) part of it. Wampa Wampa! (or "adios" if you prefer) :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment